Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mapping a Run

A while ago my friend Jumbo turned me on to Map My Run, a web site that among other things lets you log your runs and map them out. While I don’t care much about the ability to log my runs – I’ve got a blog for that – I do like the mapping functionality. It’s hard to estimate how far a run is without driving along the path later on. While cool, for me that capability just wasn’t worth paying Map My Run.

Out of curiosity, I searched Google to see if it was possible to draw on Google Maps. Sure enough – it is! The simple trick is you have to have a Google account (and who doesn’t?), and you go to My Maps. You also get the ability to save your maps as well. Instant run log capabilities, and it’s free!

If you want info on how to do it, check out Google Maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment